How to Change Registered Agents

Changing your registered agent in some states is as simple as filling out a different agent's name on the annual report your business submits every year.

However, this isn't the only way you can change your registered agent, each state has a specific procedure for doing this. This can involve cover letters, forms specific to the type of business you run, and sometimes confusing fees and filing instructions.

Typically, this works by filling out the correct form online, or printing out a PDF to submit to the state agency that handles the change along with your fee payment.

There are also many services online that help with this change if you choose to switch to them as well, which can save time. See who we recommend below.

Check out our state guides on how to handle this change in the state your business is in:

Read our Free State Guides

*More states coming soon!

Use a Professional Service

Northwest Registered Agent ($125/year)